We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Unable to Export PDF file from JI in iReport.

avu

We would like to be able to export pdf, html or xls files from Jasper Intelligence using Web Services. I've downloaded iReport 1.3 and installed the JasperIntelligence (JI) iReport plugin and noticed that I could not export a PDF file from JI; does this imply that it is not doable using Web Services because the iReport plugin uses web service to get/retrieve object from JI?

I've submitted/posted a similar message on the JasperIntelligence and was directed to look at the documentation, which I have downloaded and was successful in running a report, retrieving images, etc ... However, I have not been able to get/retrieve a pdf file which is an object with a type of "Content Resource" from JI. Is this doable? If so please provide some instructions :)

Many thanks in advance for your response,

Ann

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at the code on the server side of the jasperserver and it appears that in response to (application level) GET requests the server only returns attachments when the resource is of type ...metadata.common.domain.FileResource. I am very new to jasperserver, and I don't know what the internal differences are between things of type FileResource and things of type ContentResource (e.g. PDF reports), but it seems to me that it would be desirable to be able to retrieve ContentResource objects as files as well.

Is that disallowed at a policy level (and if so, why?) or is it simply something that nobody needed so far and so it was never implemented?

• 3 weeks later...

Please help ... has anyone tried to get or put a pdf file from JasperIntelligence? Can we use Web Services API to do this? Or could we write code to select/insert data directly into the jicontentresource table?

Please, please help ...

Ann

Great news! Thank you very much for your reply :) Could you provide us with a time-frame of when this new set of web services API would be available? It is days, weeks, or months? We desperately need the ability to get/put report outputs to/from JasperIntelligence for the project we are working on -- which is target for release in early April.

In addition, when we use the Web Service API to runReport, is there parameters we can set so that the report output (i.e. pdf, html) be automatically be put in the JI repository? Or would we need to do a separate "put" to place the report output in the repository?

Many thanks in advance for your time & response.

Ann

• 1 month later...

I have downloaded the lastest version of JasperServer 1.2. I was able to get a ResourceDescriptor for a pdf object from the repository; however, it does not get the pdf file for me. Am I missing something?

Please provide sample code if possible.

Thanks,

Ann