ldap problem

phani

If anyone has worked successfully with jasper authenticated with ldap, can you help me with the details? I am new and working for the first time on jasper and AD. If possible please send the configuration file (xml) to reportscreator@gmail.com

Thx

Phani

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Sherman,

Thanks for the immediate reply.

I have tried this and made the changes accordingly. I am getting the error:

Authentication event AuthenticationFailureBadCredentialsEvent: user1jasper; details: org.acegisecurity.ui.WebAuthenticationDetails@ef30: RemoteIpAddress: 192.168.20.72; SessionId: 590BF0BECA19898AB711FB52B7F669A5; exception: Bad credentials; nested exception is javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090334, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 531, vece]

Do I need to have admin privileges for the username on the Active Directory I am trying to login with to access Jasper?

Thanks for the immediate reply

Phani

Post edited by: phani, at: 2006/12/14 06:05

Hi Sherman,

I am able to successfully authenticate Jasper to Active Directory through ldap authentication. But there are still some uncleared doubts.

1. In my AD, I have the users setup like this ...

dn: cn=Mohan Rao, ou=Users, dc=myCompany, dc=local

cn: Mohan Rao

sAMAccountName: mohan (the name with which I login to AD)

objectClass=User

When I create the user 'mohan' in Jasper, it is not getting identified in AD. But when I create the user as 'Mohan Rao' in Jasper, then it is being identified and getting authenticated. So what ever name is given as 'cn' is being searched in AD. Right?

So, if I want the username 'mohan' to get authenticated to AD, what changes do I need to do? I have tried with sAMAccountName={0} but still the same.

Please give me some suggestion ...

Thanks,

Mohan