JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Not able to control empty lines in report

Santhosh Kumar Pabba

Hi guys,

I am not able to control the extra spaces (empty lines) getting in my report.

As per my report design The values will be printed in details section depending on the condition.(<printWhenExpression>) . I am able to control the values by using this condition. but when the condition is becoming false am getting empty spaces(empty lines).

And also I am selected the property isRemoveLineWhenBlank="true" ;

For your reference am pasting the jrxml piece of code.

I struck here for further development of report,

I appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks in advance

Santhosh Kumar Pabba

<detail>

<band height="167" isSplitAllowed="true" >

<staticText>

<reportElement mode="Opaque" X="0" y="0" width="595"

height="26" forecolor="#333333" backcolor="#E4EFF6"

key="staticText-19" isPrintRepeatedValues="false"

isRemoveLineWhenBlank="true" isPrintInFirstWholeBand="true">

<printWhenExpression><![CDATA[new Boolean(($F{searchCount}.intValue() == 1) && $F{searchStatus}.equals("candSearch"))]]></printWhenExpression>

</reportElement>

<box topBorder="None" topBorderColor="#000000" leftBorder="None" leftBorderColor="#000000" rightBorder="None" rightBorderColor="#000000" bottomBorder="None" bottomBorderColor="#000000"/>

<textElement textAlignment="Center" verticalAlignment="Middle" rotation="None" lineSpacing="Single">

<font fontName="Arial" pdfFontName="Helvetica-Bold" size="11" isBold="true" isItalic="false" isUnderline="false" isPdfEmbedded ="false" pdfEncoding ="Cp1252" isStrikeThrough="false" />

</textElement>

<text><![CDATA[Candidate Searches ]]></text>

</staticText> [file name=LoginMasterReport.jrxml size=86437]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/LoginMasterReport.jrxml[/file]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have tested your report and it works. The space is removed when the elements do not print.

I'm not sure if you are actually talking about the few pixels that cannot be removed because they are in-between your elements.

If so, I suggest you don't use the printWhenExpression at element level and simply use it at band level, so that the whole band gets removed when the condition says so.

I hope this helps.

Teodor