JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Error in running samples

sgarg

I am newbie to jasper reports. I have installed Jasper report 1.2.7, ant and java on my system. "ant -p" does not work for me rather I compiled with Ant. When I tried to run some samples, it is giving me error some thing like this "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:net/sf/jasperreports/engine/JRException"

I am not able to run any of the samples. Please suggest me what should I do..Is there anything in environment variable...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Teodor

I built the root directory with "ant jar", it built successfully. Can you please help me in how to run samples now. Do I need to run with "java class name" if yes Still I am getting same error. Or there is another way to run all the samples. It is very crucial for me, we have to take decision in implementing Jasper reports in current product..

Thanks

Hi,

I don't know what do you mean by installing JasperReports. There is nothing to install, just unpack the distribution in a folder.

I just hope you did not move files around.

If you did not, and you let the unpacked JR alone, you should be able to run the samples with no problem.

I also don't see why the "ant -p" does not work and you did not sent us any error message.

Ant is supposed to make things easier. If it does not work for you, I'm afraid I cannot help.

Thank you,

Teodor