JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Report design not valid after initial install

xagyg

Any help appreciated. I installed iReport and attached a data source to the Test Template. I get this:

ÂCompiling to file... .classic.jasper -> D:Program FilesJasperSoftiReport-1.2.7classic.java

Errors compiling .classic.jasper!

it.businesslogic.ireport.ReportClassLoader@13500b1 net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException:ÂReport design not valid :Â ÂÂÂÂÂ1.ÂWarningÂ:ÂElementÂbottomÂreachesÂoutsideÂbandÂareaÂ:Ây=0Âheight=1Âband-height=0

atÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.verifyDesign(JRAbstractCompiler.java:267) ÂÂÂÂ

atÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:144) ÂÂÂÂ

atÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDefaultCompiler.compileReport(JRDefaultCompiler.java:105) ÂÂÂÂ

atÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:127) ÂÂÂÂ

atÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:109) ÂÂÂÂ

atÂit.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:507) ÂÂÂÂ

atÂjava.lang.Thread.run(UnknownÂSource)

Compilation running time : 78

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. I found the problem!

From a previous post I see that you have to expand the elements on the left to see where the red element (i.e. the element in error) is highlighted. It is unusual that the default template produces a dodgy layout, but at least I know how to fix it now.

NOTE: the red element does NOT appear until you save and reload the report! Only then can you apply the fix above. When you first generate the report no elements are highlighted red, but an error is given. Save and reload... voila!

Nasty!

.. but fixed.