We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

TIP: dynamic page width by crosstab data

thiagot

We are in a project that demands the page width to be the same of the size of crosstab, and they don't want the crosstab to split cos of the limited crosstab and page width.

Well, we tried, tried, tried, and found no solution"

Then, by miracle a friend of mine MADE IT!

You just set the crosstab right margin to exceed the page marging (yes, it will turn red to show that it's position is invalid but ignore that). Compile and you will see it didn't show any error. Now just try ;)

The HTML width will follow the size of the crosstab.

The size of crosstab will be large enough to carry any data it has and won't split, so will be the html!

Fantastic isn't it? :woohoo:

Thiago

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Does this still work. I have tried this in iReport 1.3.0 and I can't seem to get it to react the way you describe.

I tried setting the page margins and extending the cross tab into them. I also set the page margins to 0 and extended the crosstab beyond that as well

My cross tab is the excat width of 1 set of data should it be as large as it could possibally be?

Thanks in advance.

Does this still work. I have tried this in iReport 1.3.0 and I can't seem to get it to react the way you describe.

I tried setting the page margins and extending the cross tab into them. I also set the page margins to 0 and extended the crosstab beyond that as well

My cross tab is the excat width of 1 set of data should it be as large as it could possibally be?

Thanks in advance.