We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Error Installing JasperReports Server Community Edition using js-install-ce.bat on Windows 8.1 Pro

addie

Hi!

I've been using JasperReports Server Community Edition for sometime now but since I moved from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 Pro I am not able to install the server.  Can anybody please tell me where did I do wrong.

Here are some important specs of my laptop:

•     Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
  •     8GB RAM
  •     jdk 1.7u79 and jre 1.7u79 (x86)
  •     jdk 1.7u79 and jre 1.7u79 (x64)
  •     apache tomcat 7.0.62 (x64)
  •     mysql server 5.1.72 (x64)
  •     mysql-connector-java-5.1.35-bin.jar

I'm trying to install JasperReports Server Community Edition (v6.1.0) using CMD windows with Administrative Privileges.

Erro log:

[echo] Filtering properties (cleaning out blank spaces)
     [echo] chkIfPackageManagedTomcat: check if package managed tomcat
     [echo] Tomcat DBCP Factory: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.tomcat.jndi.JSBasicDataSourceFactory
     [echo] chkAndSetLocaleDbSettings: parse: scripts.properties for db commands
     [echo] chkIfPackageManagedTomcat: check if package managed tomcat
     [echo] using settings file: C:/Users/Adrian/Downloads/jasperreports-server-cp-6.1.0-bin/buildomatic/build_conf/default/maven_settings.xml

import-minimal-ce:
     [echo]
     [echo] Property values (in install.xml):
     [echo]  archiveArg = --input-zip=C:/Users/Adrian/Downloads/jasperreports-server-cp-6.1.0-bin/buildomatic/install_resources/export/js-catalog-mysql-minimal-
ce.zip
     [echo]  dbType = mysql
     [echo]  jdbcJar = mysql-connector-java-5.1.35-bin.jar
     [echo]  currentConf = C:/Users/Adrian/Downloads/jasperreports-server-cp-6.1.0-bin/buildomatic/build_conf/default
     [echo]  importExportConfig = C:/Users/Adrian/Downloads/jasperreports-server-cp-6.1.0-bin/buildomatic/conf_source/ieCe
     [echo]
     [echo] Validating JasperServer database connection at jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jasperserver?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&autoReconnec
t=true&autoReconnectForPools=true. Phase: [import-export-test]
     [echo] For JDBC driver the artifactId and version properties are set:
     [echo]   maven.jdbc.artifactId=mysql-connector-java
     [echo]   maven.jdbc.version=5.1.35-bin
     [echo]   Specified JDBC driver jar exists
[advanced-sql] Executing commands
[advanced-sql] 1 of 1 SQL statements executed successfully
     [echo] Connection OK
     [java] java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
     [java] java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.BaseExportImportCommand.createSpringContext(BaseExportImportCommand.java:122)
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.BaseExportImportCommand.process(BaseExportImportCommand.java:82)
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.ImportCommand.main(ImportCommand.java:43)

BUILD FAILED
C:UsersAdrianDownloadsjasperreports-server-cp-6.1.0-binbuildomaticbindb-common.xml:1016: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:UsersAdrianDownloadsjasperreports-server-cp-6.1.0-binbuildomaticbinimport-export.xml:279: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:UsersAdrianDownloadsjasperreports-server-cp-6.1.0-binbuildomaticbinimport-export.xml:158: Java returned: -1

Total time: 6 seconds
Checking Ant return code: OK
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I also tried installing it using js-ant and it has the same error. It's failing in js-ant import-minimal-ce

I have successfully installed and use this version of JasperReports Server in my vm CentOS 6.6 Minimal 64bit with the ff details:

•     CentOS 6.6 Minimal Updated as of 06/30
  •     1GB RAM
  •     Apache Tomcat 7.0.62 (custom installed)
  •     Open Jdk 1.7u79
  •     mysql-connector-java-5.1.35-bin.jar
  •     MySQL Server 5.1.73

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I first use 64bit of java and tomcat7 together with JAVA_HOME, JRE_HOME, CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE. 

After the first specs failed I used 32bit of java and tomcat7 together with JAVA_HOME, JRE_HOME, CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE.

And it's giving the same set of errors.  Maybe it's not because of simultanous installation of 32bit and 64bit versions of java.  I also used both 32bit and 64bit versions when I was using windows 7 and it works.

I remember the first time I encounter this ERROR was when I didn't stop tomcat before I run js-install-ce.bat.

I'm not able to investigate import-minimal-ce because I don't really know how it works.

js-install-ce.bat test always resulting to BUILD SUCCESSFULL.

js-install-ce.bat test is only testing if all the files are there. You're getting an error executing java program to install data into the repository.

JasperReports Server Windows installer no longer supports 32 bit Java.

Recommend that you try the war installation.

• 2 weeks later...

with windows 6.1.0 installer I was getting the below warning and the same error as above in installation.log.
 I removed the JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS and _JAVA_OPTIONS from env variables. Jasperreport server got installed successfully after that.

Warning
---------------------------
Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
 Error running C:Jaspersoftjasperreports-server-cp-6.1.0/apache-ant/bin/ant.bat import-minimal-ce:
BUILD FAILED
C:Jaspersoftjasperreports-server-cp-6.1.0buildomaticbinimport-export.xml:279: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:Jaspersoftjasperreports-server-cp-6.1.0buildomaticbinimport-export.xml:158: Java returned: -1

Total time: 1 second
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -agentlib:jvmhook
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xrunjvmhook -Xbootclasspath/a:"C:Program Files (x86)HPUnified Functional Testingbinjava_sharedclasses";"C:Program Files (x86)HPUnified Functional Testingbinjava_sharedclassesjasmine.jar"
OK   

• 4 months later...

During installation i edited the next file on line 158 with nano:

nano -c +158 /opt/jasperserver6.1/buildomatic/bin/import-export.xml[/code]
And changed the line from:
<java classname="${class}" fork="true" failonerror="true" inputstring="">[/code]
To:
<java classname="${class}" fork="true" failonerror="false" inputstring="">[/code]
An it success completing the installation!! jaja!