We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to reset page number at object print ?

spize

Hi people !

I have a report that can span dozens of pages with a couple of subreports.  Each print of my object / table / data source can take 3 or more pages. Because of this, my client wants to have the page counter (format Page X / Y) reset for every print, but I have no idea how to do this. Maybe I can with custom variables and scriptlet ? I honestly have no idea...

So if I try to rephrase, I have a page number, but I want the number of page to reset every time the object being printed changes. How can I achieve this ?

Thanks !

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible to reset page number but the problem is with the "Y". I don't think there is a way to get total number of pages based on custom reset criteria.

I had a similar situation and I just ended up writing Java program and looping to generate reports(jrprint object) on each criteria and merging them together at the end.

And how would one go to reset page number if I were to somehow be able to convice my clients to drop the Page X of Y for a Page X ?

If I can't, then printing each report individually and strapping them together at the end will be the way to go ?

Thanks