We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

version issue in jboss

mpiaser

I'm wondering if the problem I'm having with Jasper Reports is related to whatever run-time is installed with our jboss server.  I am using TIBCO Jaspersoft Studio 6.0.1 to compile a jrxml file.  When I build the war file and deploy it to jboss, many things seem to mess up on the report  (lines get scrunched in Excel - new field is missing).    The report is called by Java and works ok until it is recompiled.  (I do not have whatever version that it was initially designed to work with)

I wonder if I have to install something related to jboss to get this to work?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that I have a jasperreports-4.1.2.jar file in the jboss folder.  Makes me think that either I need to upgrade the version of jasperreports in jboss (I have no idea how to do that) or I need to downgrade to an report editor that will support 4.1.2

Hi,
could you try to save the report with the "compatibility" set to version 4.1.1?
In Jaspersoft Studio you need to open the Preferences dialog, then select the node item "Jaspersoft Studio".  From the dedicated combo select the correct version.

This allows to save the report(s) compatible with an older version of JasperReports.
Try this way.
In JSS we usually ships the latest version available of JR library. Anyhow in JR code there facilities to allow writing JRXML files compatible with older versions.

If you have issue even like that try to manually compile the report using the specific JR version you ship in the JBOSS, so 4.1.2. 

Regards,
Massimo.

Massimo's idea helped.  By setting the compatibility level to 4.1.1, most (but not all) of the strange behavior of the report got resolved.  Now when I compile the report, the basic formatting into Excel is maintained.

I still have one odd issue:  In the title band, I am trying to add a text field next to a static field on the very first line.  When I do this, the text field doesn't show up in the report.  When I switch the order of the line so that the text field is first followed by the static field, the static field doesn't show up on the report.

Hence, when I add any field to the first line of the report, it doesn't show up on the report.