We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Removing certain elements from home screen?

pawelkosi

Hi Guys,

I am banging my head here, surely it can't be that difficult.

I am trying to find a reference or mention in the guide / manual about how to remove elements from the home screen based on user permission.

I want my standard user to be only able to view 'Reports' and 'Dashboards', I don't want him/her to see 'Data Sources', 'Domains' and 'Ad Hoc views' on the home screen when they log in.

Is there an easy way to do that, is there something dead obvious that I am missing?

Please help!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it is that difficult, unfortunately.

Here's a post where someone did it, but their stuff seems to have been a little garbled for formatting:

http://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/842465/how-customize-home-page

Here's another post that does it in REST - I don't know what version it was for. If it works, you don't have to optimize, which is nice:

http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/customize-home-page-items-role-based

Elizam, thank you once more for replying. That got me thinking, would it be easier then to send low-permission user straight to dashboard / report or maybe a list of reports? I might be again talking here about something easy, I havent come across anything like that in the manual yet.

I would be fine with sending user to the Report List for example. Then I could simply disable links for 'home' and 'create' through bit of code and CSS and I would pretty much have what I wanted.

Is that possible? Please say yes *holding fingers crossed* Please say yes Please say yes Please say yes :)