We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

valid path for Output to File System

paulo.aguiar

I've enabled the Output to File System feature as per the instructions in https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/jasperreports-server-administration-guide/v561/configuring-scheduler

The corresponding check box is now enabled, as expected. However, no matter what I type in the text box field, I keep getting the error Enter a valid path. I have tried with d:folder, d:\folder, d:/folder, /folder, folder, \folder. All give the same error. The folder does exist on the server and the user SYSTEM (the user that Tomcat is running under, since it's being started as a service) has full permissions over the folder.

What should I type in the text field to have a valid path?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your help hozawa. I created a folder "reports" under WEB-INF. Tried with "reports", "reports" and any sort of variations. Always the same error.

I just figured out another thing though. And it is now working: giving ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR to the user I was using solved the problem - I can now use "d:folder" or any other location on the host's file system.

Any idea if there's a way to work around the need for this role? This system was configured so that ROLE_USER would only have access to the templates folder and the reports output folder in the repository. Not sure if this is of relevance (but I'll try to do some tests).

I managed to work around the problem by giving the ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR to a user - that user could successfully specify any folder in the host's file system.

I had restricted some resources in the repository to ReadOnly or ExecuteOnly to the ROLE_USER. I did try to set them all back to Administer but it wasn't enough - only having ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR seems to have the desired effect. Which means that, ultimately, this solution is not good enough for the requirements in place. Too bad, maybe if in future versions this issue is addressed I'll try again...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was running into the issue with connection checking as well.

The test button simply calls the /rest_v2/connections rest api.

Change the permission to that rest api to allow NON-ADMIN users call that rest. I'm using the commercial version of Jasper and there is a bean called filterInvocationInterceptor to modify the above. Not sure what they call it in your version.