We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

SQL Server connection in Jaspersoft Studio

michael.f.pascoe

Using a SQL Server connection in Jasper Studio is giving me a very strange error. I am able to connect to test the SQL Server connection successfully, but if I try to test it a second time...it fails. If I restart Jasper Studio then I can again test it successfully on the first try, but yet again...it fails on the second test. 

I can also restart Jasper Studio, and then add a table to the report. When I am making the data source for the table, the high level of the schema is viewable (i.e. the users) but if I try to traverse into any of them none of the tables load.

So from what I can tell, there is only one action allowed per restart of Jasper Studio when trying to use SQL Server as a data connection. 

Here is the URL I am using:
jdbc:sqlserver://localhostSQLEXPRESS;databaseName=ABC;IntegratedSecurity=True

An important note is that the connection to SQL Server works perfectly from JasperReports Server using the exact same connection URL.

For context, I am using SQL Server 2008, Microsoft 64bit, and the 64bit JDK. Also, my DLL is in the System32 folder.

Here is the error that happens after the second test:

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication. ClientConnectionId:f7cb53a3-da5f-41a5-8ca3-87d2b0b76a92
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication. ClientConnectionId:f7cb53a3-da5f-41a5-8ca3-87d2b0b76a92
    at net.sf.jasperreports.data.jdbc.JdbcDataAdapterService.contributeParameters(JdbcDataAdapterService.java:130)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.data.AbstractDataAdapterService.test(AbstractDataAdapterService.java:129)
    at com.jaspersoft.studio.data.wizard.AbstractDataAdapterWizard$3.run(AbstractDataAdapterWizard.java:163)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication. ClientConnectionId:f7cb53a3-da5f-41a5-8ca3-87d2b0b76a92
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.terminate(SQLServerConnection.java:1667)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.AuthenticationJNI.(AuthenticationJNI.java:60)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.logon(SQLServerConnection.java:2229)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.access$000(SQLServerConnection.java:41)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection$LogonCommand.doExecute(SQLServerConnection.java:2220)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:5696)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:1715)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1326)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:991)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:827)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:1012)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.data.jdbc.JdbcDataAdapterService.getConnection(JdbcDataAdapterService.java:168)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.data.jdbc.JdbcDataAdapterService.contributeParameters(JdbcDataAdapterService.java:128)
    ... 3 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native Library C:WindowsSystem32sqljdbc_auth.dll already loaded in another classloader
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.AuthenticationJNI.(AuthenticationJNI.java:35)
    ... 14 more

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried using the 32bit DLL even though I have been using the 64bit JRE (This is built into Jaspersoft Studio). on a 64bit Windows. When I do that the test doesn't happen successfully at all. Here is a link that is more similar to the problem I am having in JasperSoft Studio:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/dad4d720-9fd1-4b94-af94-e46cc85030d2/sql-jdbc-tomcat-native-library-sqljdbcauthdll-already-loaded-in-another-classloader?forum=sqldataaccess