We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Add labels to plotted items in scatter chart

barneskd

I have a requirement to plot x,y values onto a 4-box diagram - basically to show how plotted items fall into 4 separate quadrants.  I've attached a mockup for reference.

My plan was to use a scatter chart with a transparent background overlayed on top of the 4-box diagram image.  Each plotted item in the chart would have a numeric label that corresponds with a table below the chart that provides the details for each plotted item.  I was able to overlay the chart on top of the graphic and plot the items, but I have not been able to figure out how to expose labels for each of the plotted items.  I wanted to avoid using the chart's legend for providing references because when the legend expands beyond the height limit of the chart it wraps the legend to a new column and shrinks the chart accordingly.  There will be an unknown number of items to plot, so there is no way of knowing how many times the legend will have to wrap to fit everything.  I cannot have the chart shrink because it needs fixed dimensions to fit on top of the 4-box diagram and plot items correctly.

Any suggestions on how to expose the labels for plotted items or any other alternatives to the approach explained above?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 years later...