We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Changing the compile directory in Jasper Studio

shayl.voss
Go to solution Solved by Massimo Rabbi,

Hi,

I have just upgraded from IReport 5.1.0 to Jasper Studio 5.5.5 and I am currently updating our help documentation and setup.

Where can I find the Default Compilation Diretory setting?

In IReport it was Tools > Options > IReport > Compilation and Execution then untick "Use Report Directory to compile" and you could select a new one.

For the life of me I cannot seem to find this option again in the Jasper Studio.

Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Hi,
currently in Jaspersoft Studio when compiled the JRXML produces the .jasper file in the same folder position where they are. This is an implementation choice, since as you may have seen JSS works quite differently from iReport: starting from the usage of the concept of Workspace to the usage of JasperReports Projects.
The automatic build can be enabled or disabled by the "Build automatically" option in the menu "Project > Build Automatically".

If you, as a user, don't want to see the .jasper files while working you can hide them through the filtering available in the Project Explorer view.
See the "hideJasper_01.png" and "hideJasper_02.png" files.

If you want to package all the resources into a specific output folder when the build is performed you can choose to use source folders to maintain reports and resources. You can later configure the source folder / output folder information from the Build-Path page of your project. See the other screenshot.

Hope that this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,
Massimo.

Moreover if you are a new user of Jaspersoft Studio and you are not familiar with the Eclipse environment, I highly suggest you to give a look at the "Resources" section of our project page. There are a lot of tutorials.

Plus you can always download and read the Jaspersoft Studio User Guide that our Documentation team prepared for the 5.5.0 release.
Download it from here: http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation?version=9036

Best regards,
Massimo.