We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Group property "keep together" doesn't work with multiple headers

roarf

Hi,

I have a group with 5 headerbands.

Group properties that are true:

-Reprint header

-Keep together

Problem is that the first group header starts on the previous page if there's space. But the group would perfectly fit on the next page without breaks.

What could be wrong?

Using version 4.0.1

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi ,

See the Keep Together function keeps the Header and Footer of a particular group together, and as you are pointing out that there are nested groups , try that the innermost group keeps together ,that might solve the problem .

Reprint header just does the job of placing headers on the every new page, but this also might have gone wrong due to the nested grouping. 

I would advice you to use a subreport , that would turn more handy, but this is just a suggestion , might or might not work in your case.

Hope that this helps.

Regards,

Ankur

The 5 header bands are not nested but belong to the same group.. Use of subreport might be a workaround that would do the trick, but then I have to rewrite stuff, but thanks for the tip, it might be what I do if I can't get "keep togheter" to work properly

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Did you ever find a solution to your issue? I have a similar issue where I am rendering multiple images. The first image displays fine with the header on top, then the second header is at the bottom of the first page and image on the second page. I would like the second header and the respective image to show on the second page. I do have "Start a new Page" set for the group header as well as Keep together. I only have group header, no group footer is needed for my report. There is only one group in sub dataset source for my table.

• 1 year later...