We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Repository is empty

rlfisherpbtgroup.com

I have clearly lost my mind.  I normally run JR-S (v4.5.0) on various LInux servers.  I have a backup install on a Windows laptop - it has always run fine in the past, but I have not started it in a long time.  This morning, I had the need to run JR-S on the Windows machine and all of the views (repository, users, etc.) are EMPTY.  The web app does not show any folders or anything else.  It DID allow me to login with credentials I have previously setup.  Where did everything go?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your helpful ideas.  I could login as jasperadmin as well as my personal admin name - so there must be something in the database.  The web view shows no folders on the left and nothing on the right.  I can view the users screen and see NO users.

I normally use MySQL - I found the psql client for postgres but I have no idea what the password is for that db server.  I think the fastest solution for me is to uninstall JR-S and reinstall and reimport my repository.  Not as satisfying as solving the mystery, but should get me back in business.

Yes, I think a re-install would be good at this point. Once you have multiple JRS servers running, its easy to lose track of which one is pointing where (happens to me for sure).

Also, for future reference, a good way to find the *exact* database location and credentials will be to check the file in this location:

/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/META-INF/context.xml

This is the database connection pool configuration information used by jasperserver.

Sometimes, Tomcat copies that exact same file to this location and uses it (depends on the tomcat version):

/apache-tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/jasperserver.xml

I completely uninstaled JR-S 4.5.0 (including bundled tomcat and postgresql), and reinstalled (build 20120110-1602).  I started up the server, logged in as jasperadmin, and the repository view is still empty.  I imported all our work product, restarted the server, and the view is still empty BUT MY LOGINS ARE PRESENT.  I have no theory why the server is no longer showing any of the repository contents.

Capture1.JPG.5227c28e3ad0aee9880b95b3137e4c09.JPGCapture2.JPG.641e149dc87a7631e6e775a7886a785b.JPG

Here is something interesting from the log upon startup:

Jan 8, 2013 2:06:21 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start

INFO: Server startup in 10908 ms

Jan 8, 2013 2:06:25 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet JavaScriptServlet threw exception

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.owasp.csrfguard.servlet.JavaScriptServlet.writeJavaScript(JavaScriptServlet.java:146)

at org.owasp.csrfguard.servlet.JavaScriptServlet.doGet(JavaScriptServlet.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:399)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.security.IPadSupportFilter.doFilter(IPadSupportFilter.java:67)

at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:411)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.security.JSSwitchUserProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(JSSwitchUserProcessingFilter.java:154)

at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)

at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:411)

at org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:109)

at org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:83)

at org.springframework.security.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilterHttp(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:101)

at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)

at org.springframework.security.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:105)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.service.impl.MetadataAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(MetadataAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:139)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.util.RequestParameterAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(RequestParameterAuthenticationFilter.java:97)

at org.springframework.security.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(BasicProcessingFilter.java:174)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.UserPreferencesFilter.doFilter(UserPreferencesFilter.java:184)

at org.springframework.security.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:278)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.UserPreferencesFilter.doFilter(UserPreferencesFilter.java:184)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.logging.filter.BasicLoggingFilter.doFilter(BasicLoggingFilter.java:53)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.security.JSCsrfGuardFilter.doFilter(JSCsrfGuardFilter.java:81)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.security.WebAppSecurityFilter.doFilter(WebAppSecurityFilter.java:100)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.MultipartRequestWrapperFilter.doFilter(MultipartRequestWrapperFilter.java:90)

at org.springframework.security.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilterHttp(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:235)

at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:188)

at org.springframework.security.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:99)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.util.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:67)

at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:236)

at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:167)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:558)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process(Http11AprProcessor.java:859)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11AprProtocol.java:579)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1555)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Jan 8, 2013 2:06:30 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

INFO:

* Owasp.CsrfGuard Properties

* Logger: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.security.JSCsrfLogger

* NewTokenLandingPage: /jasperserver/login.html

* PRNG: SHA1PRNG

* SessionKey: JASPER_CSRF_SESSION_KEY

* TokenLength: 96

* TokenName: JASPER_CSRF_TOKEN

* Ajax: true

* Rotate: true

* TokenPerPage: true

* Action: org.owasp.csrfguard.action.Rotate

* Action: org.owasp.csrfguard.action.Redirect

* Parameter: Page = /jasperserver/login.html

* Action: org.owasp.csrfguard.action.Log

* Parameter: Message = potential cross-site request forgery (CSRF) attack thwarted (user:%user%, ip:%remote_ip%, uri:%request_uri%, error:%exception_message%)

Jan 8, 2013 2:06:35 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

INFO:

* Owasp.CsrfGuard Properties

* Logger: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.security.JSCsrfLogger

* NewTokenLandingPage: /jasperserver/login.html

* PRNG: SHA1PRNG

* SessionKey: JASPER_CSRF_SESSION_KEY

* TokenLength: 96

* TokenName: JASPER_CSRF_TOKEN

* Ajax: true

* Rotate: true

* TokenPerPage: true

* Action: org.owasp.csrfguard.action.Rotate

* Action: org.owasp.csrfguard.action.Redirect

* Parameter: Page = /jasperserver/login.html

* Action: org.owasp.csrfguard.action.Log

* Parameter: Message = potential cross-site request forgery (CSRF) attack thwarted (user:%user%, ip:%remote_ip%, uri:%request_uri%, error:%exception_message%)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've further tried pre-installing PostgreSQL - same result. Using pgadmin tools, I can see the Jasper database and the tables are populated (i.e., I can see jasperadmin and anonymous in the user table). Further, I can view the repository (clean install only has Themes) with the iReport repository viewer. just nothing in the web view.

WHOA - I just tried using Internet Explorer instead of Firefox, and I can view the repository etc. Firefox works fine when I browse to a (Linux) JasperReports Server.

PARTIALLY SOLVED (don't know how to retract this thread)

The JR-S responds properly from IE but not from Firefox on the Windows system.  The JR-S repsonds properly from iReport and from Jasper Mobile (Android).  connecting from firefox on another system over the intranet to this JR-S also works fine.  This is a problem unique to the server running this JR-S and not likely a jaspersoft issue.