We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

com-jaspersoft-ireport.jar Licensing

softwareguy

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a "FieldsProvider" for my custom query executor... and it looks like I need to use the "com-jaspersoft-ireport.jar" just to compile my software.  What are the licensing conditions for using "com-jaspersoft-ireport.jar" during compilation.

It doesn't look like I will need to distribute this "com-jaspersoft-ireport.jar" file because users will just be downloading/installing iReport themselves.

So please advise on any licensing conditions (if any) with just compiling with the "com-jaspersoft-ireport.jar" file (again, in order to implement my custom FieldsProvider as pointed out in this other forum posting: http://jasperforge.org/projects/ireport/tracker/view.php?id=4025)

Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt G already confirmed that legally you're perfectly fine.

I confirm what you had tentatively suggested as the technical requirement. You need com-jaspersoft-ireport.jar only at compile time. Your users will necessarily have it already in iReport at runtime.

Also, if you're looking for any tips, please note that the Big Data connectors have working samples of Query Providers. It might be interesting to grab the MongoDB or Hadoop HBase source to take a quick look. Those are in the Big Data Connectors project.

Regards,
Matt