We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Font '' is not available to the JVM.

ovidiu_vasile

Hello,

I've looked right now into the jasperserver log file, and I found this error:

"ERROR JRFillSubreport,quartzScheduler_Worker-0:742 - Fill 1: exception
8452 net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRFontNotFoundException: Font '' is not available to the JVM. See the Javadoc for more details."

Can you help me please with an advice about how I can fix this error?

Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the Javadoc entry:  http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/api/net/sf/jasperreports/engine/util/JRFontNotFoundException.html\

You can create a Font extension jar with iReport and export it out and add it to your classpath and everything should be fine.  See this blog post for an example:  http://mdahlman.wordpress.com/2010/05/28/jaspersoft-v3-7-font-extensions/

• 5 months later...

Hi - I just upgraded from JR-S 4.2.1 to 4.5.0 CP.  The reports cannot find standard fonts like Times New Roman, Arial.  I understand that I can create a fonts extension jar, but I have never had to do this with previous versions of JR-S. 

Is this a 4.5.0 bug, or maybe I am forgetting to do something?  Again 4.2.1, 3.7.x, etc. all ran fine on the same host server without my installing any font extensions.

Thanks!

I believe it was in version 3.7 or so that only the Deja Vu fonts were shipped with the server.  It is possible that your configuration was set to ignore the error before as you definitely should have had the same issue with 4.2 without the font extensions.