We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Drill down reports

jeanjenkins

Hello,

I have a requirement to create drill down reports.  Can anyone give me pointers on how to accomplish this?

Examples:

I have a pie chart categorized by category.  I want to drill down on the category to get the pie chart for its subcategory.

I have a line chart by month.  I want to drill down on the month value to see a line chart by day for that month.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I had the similar requirement and I am able to do it .

Now I am facing a issues , the drill down report is getting displayed in the same report area. I want both the report main and drill down report to show at the same time in a dashboard.

Please let me know the way , I think I have to so something in Hyperlink target ,which is currently referring to self. but dont know what . Please let me know what to do in order to display 2 reports individually at the same time in dashboard

Post Edited by dev_1312 at 05/24/2011 17:29

dev_1312,

Clicking on one panel to update another panel is a really reasonable request.

Bad news: JasperReports Server doesn't have that feature yet.

Good news: You can achieve it with some pretty straightforward customizations.

Better news: There is sample code available here from a webinar that demonstrated this. (Search on the webinar page for "dashboard" to find the recording.)

Good luck,
Matt

Matt,

I tried doing the way as you showed in the webinar , but stuck at TargetFrames number .

"javascript:window.parent.replaceManyFrames('/reports/MegaDashboard/tabs@@/reports/Fusion/bars@@/supermart/details/TopFivesReport@@/reports/Fusion/pie@@/reports/MegaDashboard/parameters','View="+$P{View}+"&top=1@@View="+$P{View}+"&top=1@@View="+$P{View}+"&top=1@@top=1@@top=1','1@@3@@6@@4@@2')"

where I will see the TargetFrames number? How I will assign the TargetFrames number to the reports ?

Any pointers will be helpful

¬Dev

Post Edited by dev_1312 at 05/26/2011 05:02

Hi Matt,

Please let me know what is target frame means ? where I will get the values of it . I tried creating the dashboard using the reports u used for showing MeGa Dashbard. But when I do preview , Things won't work for me like updating the other report, but If I use the demo used by you I works .

Is there anything I need to do apart from writing the javascript command in hyperlink section in Ireport ( as shown in webinar) and dropping the java script file in the folder.

Regards,

Dev

Matt,

Could you please provide me pointers on the this function Target frames .

function replaceManyFrames(TargetReports,TargetParameterStrings,TargetFrames)

replaceManyFrames('/reports/report1@@/reports/report2','Country=France@@StoreID=4','2@@3')

It is very urgent for us as we have to showcase jaspersoft capabilties to client for BI implementation . Please help me.

Regards,

Dev

Hi Anita,

Please go through the webniar mentioned by Matt, Download the mega_interactive_dashboard example and look at the last 2 functions of the javascript.

Play around with these 2 functions and you must be able to achieve the drill down on other report in the dashboard.

If your requirement is to display the drill down in the same report then just use the hyperlink feature .

~Dev

• 2 years later...

I have a report Pie Chart,and detailed view report. So i need to call above function

i.e. replaceManyFrames(TargetReports,TargetParameterStrings,TargetFrames)

So for TargetReports i gave -->"/public/Samples/Reports/test_detailed_view"

TargetParameterString --> productName [this one i need to take dynamically]so i gave as $F{productName}

TargetFrames ------> I dont know what i have to give.

Can u please explain?

I have a report Pie Chart,and detailed view report. So i need to call above function
i.e. replaceManyFrames(TargetReports,TargetParameterStrings,TargetFrames)

So for TargetReports i gave -->"/public/Samples/Reports/test_detailed_view"
TargetParameterString --> productName [this one i need to take dynamically]so i gave as $F{productName}
TargetFrames ------> I dont know what i have to give.

Can u please explain?

• 7 months later...

Hi,

'm trying to invoke this function from my report (5.5 pro) but getting hit by the below exceptions... can any one suggest the correct method to invoke the js function (in hyperlink --> Reference from a report)

TypeError: window.parent.replaceManyFrames is not a function

or TypeError: localContext.replaceManyFrames is not a function

Thanks,

Sure

• 2 years later...