We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Cascading control

lachni

Hi,

I use cascading control for an invit page.
I've got two controls one single select list of values and an another select query which are supposed to use the first parameter in his query.
The user choose a domain (define locally without using a query), then the second input control view dinamically a list of subdomains.

Input Control list 1 (domain): String List of values (label and value define locally)
Input Control Select query : List of subdomains define by a Query which view fields by do a select on the first parameter.

By using the exemple, I know that $X{IN,field ,parameter} works
Is it possible to get a parameter directly from the first input in the multi select query ?
Is there a great syntax for something like a :
        SELECT $X{paramater}

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first value selected in second control is bcaz

1. this must be an mandatory control and in mandatory control, first value are selected by default, if one no value selected in first control 2. there is no default value to the second control

2. this is part of the feature  when user dont have to select any values when input control are mandatory.

so , solution here is :-

1. provide default value to both the controls

2. do the cascading by using the name of parameter in second control, if thats the case, the first value will be selected in the first control, and cased on the casacding, first value is selected in the second control

Ramnik Kaur

Senior QA Engineer