We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

iReport plugin for Eclipse

gkenche

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is in the works!  I was WAY surprised when I stumbled across this.  It is still in its early stages, but is making great progress.  So, you will have to wait a while if you want to use this for Production purposes. For playing around it is ok.

http://jasperforge.org/projects/jaspersoftstudio

I am so glad to see the change over to Eclipse. Most of the other software I run is based on Eclipse.

Thank you so much for your Response. I will wait for this Plug-in. Now I will play with JasperSoftStudio. Please let me know once Eclipse plug-in is ready.

FYI: - Right now we are generating Reports using Crystal Reports on Eclipse IDE. Our Reports are generated using Java Objects means the Data is populating n Reports using JavaBeans. Same way I want to implement Jasper Reports by replacing Crystal Reports.

I am able to generate Reports using iReport Designer by populating data using Java Beans (Sample). But I need to access my JavaBeans which are there in Eclipse Project.

While doing R&D for iReport plug-in, I got Jasper Assistant plug-in for Eclipse and I was playing with it. But My RAD7.0 (which built on Top of Eclipse) is crashing with the attached error message. It errors out with JVM Terminated .Exit Code =8096. For this I have modified my eclipse.ini file from -Xmx768m to -Xmx1024m. Even I executed the below command.

javaw.exe -Xshareclasses: destroy 

No Luck. Still IDE is crashing.

Any one has idea to resolve this IDE crashing issue by using JasperAssistnat plug-in in Eclipse.

I appreciate your Help

kgp,

I wasn't quite sure how to interpret this:

"I will wait for this Plug-in. Now I will play with JasperSoftStudio. Please let me know once Eclipse plug-in is ready."

Will you try Jaspersoft Studio now? Or will you wait?

If you wait--and if everyone else waits--then we will be a lot slower to reach the stable release. If you are able to try it now, it will have a cascading benefit for you and for others. I realize that it's not always possible... but it would be great if you can try it.

I don't know if JasperAssistant has any forums. If so, you might be a better response there for a question about JasperAssistant.

Regards,
Matt

I mean I will wait for iReport plugin for Eclipse. You mean JasperSoftStudio is the final plugin for Eclipse. Then I already added JasperSoftStudio plugin into my Elcipse IDE. But I don't know how to create the Reports using JasperSoftStudio plugin. I did not find any example or help in google.

Could you please guide me step by step instructions (like iReport instrcutions) how to create Reports on Elcipse IDE once JasperSoftStudio plugin is added.

I think there is some confusion happening over the terms.

iReport is built on top of Netbeans. 

Jaspersoft Studio is built on top of Eclipse. Therefore it "IS" the plug-in for Eclipse.

For the most part what you can do in the iReport can be done in Jaspersoft Studio.  There are still some things missing in Studio, but it is coming.  You just need to understand how to translate from the Netbeans way to Eclipse way.   Since it sounds like you have experience in Eclipse and some experience in iReport, it should not be too difficult.

This page gives a quick overview of Studio:

http://jasperforge.org/website/ireportwebsite/JSS%20Website/0.0.1.html?header=project&target=jaspersoftstudio

• 6 months later...

Hi,

i have installed the Jasper Studio on Eclipse Helio.

and i can find the views (preview, repository)

*BUT* - was it meant to have a 'perspective' as well?

that would seem to be the eclipse way of having the studio enabled.

i have also tried to create a 'data adapter' but there is no options for me. possibly because i do not have the database connectivity within my eclipse installation. it seems to be missing some requirement when installing it.

please let me know if you would like further.

iReport is a great tool and i am looking forward to having it on Eclipse.

thanks

Nicolas

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...