We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperETL-All-r35442-V3.2.3 install on Mac 10.6 (

davidbailey

I've downloaded the package and unzipped. When I try to run it I get a "You can't open the application because it may be damaged or incomplete. I'm not running rosetta. Will this build run without rosetta, or is it required. 

How can I get a build that will run?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

This is quite unusual error. Please try using and see if it fixes the issue.

Also, you may try to re-download the installer - probably the download was incomplete; however in this case there would most likely be an error unzipping the archive.

Stas P.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got this to run. I had to change the permissions on TalendOpenStudio-macosx-carbon by using chmod  to 777

-rwxrwxrwx  1 dbailey  dbailey  59200 Oct  4  2009 TalendOpenStudio-macosx-carbon

-rwxrwxrwx@ 1 dbailey  dbailey    182 Oct  4  2009 TalendOpenStudio-macosx-carbon.ini

These are the permissions that made this work. I don't know why the download did not have them set this way, or why the readme didn't tell me to change them.

• 1 month later...

Leo, 

I first tried to change the permissions on the JasperETL-macosx-carbon file that came in the root level of the folder that was installed. It turns out that is this a package, and the files that were enclosed did not have the permissions changed, even with the -R flag set for chmod. 

I opened the package by right-clicking (on my laptop that's clicking while holding down two fingers) and then chmoding the files inside the package. 

See the attached screen shot for the files list inside the package. After that, you have to double-click the TalendOpenStudio-macosx-carbon file within the package to get it to run. Since opening the package is a pain, I made an alias of this file and moved it to the applications folder so I could just double click it as I would any application. 

• 10 months later...