Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

madarapuv

Hello,

I've designed Ireport with jrtable using Ireport 3.7.3 version.

when I create report using above jrxml file in jasperserver-pro 3.7.0 getting exception:jr:table is not available.

How to use jr:table feature in jasperserver-pro 3.7.0 ? could anybody please help me on this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Venkat.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One possibility is to upgrade the jasperreport jar in jasperserver with that in iReport. I did it sometimes ago but I got some other troubles in other parts of the report ( lucian had said that there could be some problems doing that on one of my posts).

It worked for the table object but I came back to the standard configuration and I'm waiting for the next release of jasperserver.

• 3 months later...

I apologize for resurrecting this thread but I appear to be having the same problem.

I am using the contents of iReport-3.7.6/ireport/modules/ext/*.*

And a report designed in iReport 3.7.6 containing a table component.

The error I get is the following:

ERROR generating Report: [[o:JRException]:"net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'jr:table'. One of '{"http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/jasperreports":component}' is expected." at:

I would happily provide any additional requested information that may help lead to a solution for this problem, but in the interest of not flooding this post I will limit it to a summary of my situation:

• jrxml file generated by iReport 3.7.6
  • jasper being called via php-java-bridge using the .jar's from  iReport-3.7.6/ireport/modules/ext/
  • Setup in a similar manner to that discussed in this old post:  Bullet proof jasper reports and php

I will also add that so far everything has worked brilliantly as long as a table component is not present.

Cheers,

CHgsd

Alright, I apologize again everyone, but I was being pretty daft.

I had forgotten that I had installed libjasperreports-java from the ubuntu repos in addition to using the jars from iReport. The repos had an older version of JR and it was being used in lieu of the iReport ones. Uninstalling the libjasperreports-java package, and thus forcing the other jars led to expected behavior. I am going to leave my previous post not merely for public shaming but also in case it proves educational for someone making the same daft mistakes I just did.

Cheers,

CHgsd

Post Scriptum: I am actually surprised that the conflicting versions didn't cause more noticeable weirdness than they did.

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd chime in, since I experienced the same problem: report designed in iReport v3.7.6 - using a Table Element - would not work on my Jasper Server v3.7.0. I downloaded the v3.7.6 JasperReports distribution, and grabbed the jasperreports-3.7.6.jar and jasperreports-fonts-3.7.6.jar files and replaced the v3.7.0 files on my Jasper Server. Here's what the destination directory looked like when done:

./opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.0/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/lib/jasperreports-fonts-3.7.6.jar
./opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.0/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/lib/jasperreports-3.7.0.1_jar.bak
./opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.0/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/lib/jasperreports-3.7.6.jar
./opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.0/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/lib/jasperreports-fonts-3.7.0_jar.bak
./opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.0/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/lib/jasperreports-ofc-3.7.0.jar
./opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.0/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/lib/jasperreports-chart-themes-3.7.0.jar

Stopped and restarted Jasper Server, uploaded my report, and it worked! Strangely, export to .XLS is broken, but export to .XLSX and .PDF work fine. I can live with that.

Hope this helps someone. Will be moving to v4 when it's out....

-Ben