jr:Table

0

Hello,

I've designed Ireport with jrtable using Ireport 3.7.3 version.

when I create report using above jrxml file in jasperserver-pro 3.7.0 getting exception:jr:table is not available.

How to use jr:table feature in jasperserver-pro 3.7.0 ? could anybody please help me on this issue.

 

Thanks in Advance.

 

Venkat.

madarapuv's picture
Joined: Mar 4 2010 - 9:12pm
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago

10 Answers:

0


jr:table component in iReport 3.7.2 is not supported with JS pro 3.7. It willbe availble in future releaseof JS .

 

Ramnik Kaur

Senior QA Engineer

ramnik's picture
261
Joined: Mar 16 2007 - 9:10am
Last seen: 7 years 5 months ago
0

Thanks Ramnik Kaur.

 

is there any way I can use this feature  in js-3.7.0?

 

Thanks,

Venkat.

madarapuv's picture
Joined: Mar 4 2010 - 9:12pm
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
0

i think ..No ..but still i m not pretty sure abt it ..

 

thanks

Ramnik Kaur

Senior QA Engineer

ramnik's picture
261
Joined: Mar 16 2007 - 9:10am
Last seen: 7 years 5 months ago
0

 One possibility is to upgrade the jasperreport jar in jasperserver with that in iReport. I did it sometimes ago but I got some other troubles in other parts of the report ( lucian had said that there could be some problems doing that on one of my posts).

It worked for the table object but I came back to the standard configuration and I'm waiting for the next release of jasperserver.

 

Gaby38's picture
301
Joined: Mar 22 2008 - 1:49am
Last seen: 6 years 5 months ago
0

Thanks Gaby,

 

I’ve upgraded my jasperreports.jar still getting some exceptions.

 

Could you please let me know what are the jar files needs to be modified?

 

Thanks,

Venkat.

 

madarapuv's picture
Joined: Mar 4 2010 - 9:12pm
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
0

 As far as I remember, it was :

jasperreports-3.7.3.jar

jasperreports-fonts-3.7.3.jar

jasperreports-chart-themes-3.7.3.jar (?)

 

Gaby38's picture
301
Joined: Mar 22 2008 - 1:49am
Last seen: 6 years 5 months ago
0

Thanks Gaby.

madarapuv's picture
Joined: Mar 4 2010 - 9:12pm
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
0

I apologize for resurrecting this thread but I appear to be having the same problem.

I am using the contents of iReport-3.7.6/ireport/modules/ext/*.*

And a report designed in iReport 3.7.6 containing a table component.

The error I get is the following:

ERROR generating Report: [[o:JRException]:"net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'jr:table'. One of '{"http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/jasperreports":component}' is expected." at:

I would happily provide any additional requested information that may help lead to a solution for this problem, but in the interest of not flooding this post I will limit it to a summary of my situation:

  • jrxml file generated by iReport 3.7.6
  • jasper being called via php-java-bridge using the .jar's from  iReport-3.7.6/ireport/modules/ext/
  • Setup in a similar manner to that discussed in this old post:  Bullet proof jasper reports and php

I will also add that so far everything has worked brilliantly as long as a table component is not present.

Cheers,

CHgsd

chgsd's picture
19
Joined: Jun 6 2010 - 4:15pm
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
0

 Alright, I apologize again everyone, but I was being pretty daft.

I had forgotten that I had installed libjasperreports-java from the ubuntu repos in addition to using the jars from iReport. The repos had an older version of JR and it was being used in lieu of the iReport ones. Uninstalling the libjasperreports-java package, and thus forcing the other jars led to expected behavior. I am going to leave my previous post not merely for public shaming but also in case it proves educational for someone making the same daft mistakes I just did.

Cheers,

CHgsd

Post Scriptum: I am actually surprised that the conflicting versions didn't cause more noticeable weirdness than they did.

chgsd's picture
19
Joined: Jun 6 2010 - 4:15pm
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
0

Thought I'd chime in, since I experienced the same problem: report designed in iReport v3.7.6 - using a Table Element - would not work on my Jasper Server v3.7.0. I downloaded the v3.7.6 JasperReports distribution, and grabbed the jasperreports-3.7.6.jar and jasperreports-fonts-3.7.6.jar files and replaced the v3.7.0 files on my Jasper Server. Here's what the destination directory looked like when done:

./opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.0/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/lib/jasperreports-fonts-3.7.6.jar
./opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.0/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/lib/jasperreports-3.7.0.1_jar.bak
./opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.0/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/lib/jasperreports-3.7.6.jar
./opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.0/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/lib/jasperreports-fonts-3.7.0_jar.bak
./opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.0/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/lib/jasperreports-ofc-3.7.0.jar
./opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.0/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/lib/jasperreports-chart-themes-3.7.0.jar
 

Stopped and restarted Jasper Server, uploaded my report, and it worked! Strangely, export to .XLS is broken, but export to .XLSX and .PDF work fine. I can live with that.

Hope this helps someone. Will be moving to v4 when it's out....

-Ben

benu's picture
54
Joined: Dec 20 2006 - 6:20am
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Feedback