Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Table Component

ashoke_sati

Hi,

The table component just does not seem to work or is it too complicated to use. I follow all the steps i.e I chose the option of creating table from a dataset, I select the fields shown by the dataset, for the connection I use the option Use the same connection used to fill the master report and I chose the style presented. 

When I preview the screen keeps on returning to the design tab and does nothing ..i.e no data is displayed.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Ashok 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Giulio

I get no error but no data is being displayed , it just shows me the title of the report. I have attached the jrxml file. I am new to Jasper Report , however I tried everything but could not get the table component to display data.

Thanks

Ashoke

Ok, I suspect the most common error in this case is that you correctly defined the table, you correctly defined the dataset, but you have not correctly defined the dataset run, which is how the table will use the dataset.

Right click the table and click on edit dataset run. Here you have to specify the connection and the way the dataset is filled.

Giulio

Thanks for the Feedback, I have specified $P{REPORT_CONNECTION} as the connection, but  no data Is displayed by the report. Do I have to specify something in the Parameter and Parameters map exp tabs also.

Can we have a tutorial on this component.

Ashoke

• 6 months later...

Is the same valid for $P{REPORT_DATASOURCE} ? I am having the same problem...no data is displayed, only a horizontal line. 

I defined a subdataset with corresponding fields, and trying to use this subdataset in a table (with  <dataSourceExpression><![CDATA[$P{REPORT_DATA_SOURCE}]]></dataSourceExpression>) 

Is it necessary to use the $P{REPORT_DATASOURCE} in the master before passing it to the table? 

Thanks!

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I did the same approach.  I specified $P{REPORT_CONNECTION} in the dataset run and place the field of the dataset in the main report but i'm having the following error:

Error filling print... com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4Connection cannot be cast to net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRDataSource
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4Connection cannot be cast to net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRDataSource 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillSubreport.evaluateSubreport(JRFillSubreport.java:356) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.components.table.fill.FillTableSubreport.evaluateSubreport(FillTableSubreport.java:95) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.components.table.fill.FillTable.evaluate(FillTable.java:102) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillComponentElement.evaluate(JRFillComponentElement.java:88) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillElementContainer.evaluate(JRFillElementContainer.java:257) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillBand.evaluate(JRFillBand.java:473) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillColumnBand(JRVerticalFiller.java:2021) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillDetail(JRVerticalFiller.java:755) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReportStart(JRVerticalFiller.java:265) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:128) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:836) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:746) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:58) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:417) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:247) 
    at com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.compiler.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:879) 
    at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:572) 
    at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:997) 
Print not filled. Try to use an EmptyDataSource...

I've attached the sample report.