We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Blank space appears when Text Fields stretch

davidc1986

Hi

I have a detail band where 1 column has 4 rows of text fields, all other columns have only 1 text field but some of these are allowed to stretch with overflow. The text fields in the column with 4 rows are set to remove line when blank.

e.g.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TextField]  [TextField]  [TextField]  [stretchTextField]  [stretchTextField]

[TextField] 

[TextField]

[TextField]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In most cases only 2 of the 4 text fields in the column with 4 will contain data so the band should shrink to 2 rows which it does correctly unless the other text fields stretch onto more than 2 rows, when this happens i expect the band to be as large as the stretched field requires e.g. if its 3 rows then the band should be 3 rows high etc however large gaps appear at the bottom of the band, so when the field stretches to 3 rows the band is 4 rows high and when it stretches to 4 rows it looks like the band is about 8 rows high. Also large gaps appear at the bottom of the page even though there is enough space for several more bands to fit onto the page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

David

Post Edited by davidc1986 at 12/17/2009 09:54

Post Edited by davidc1986 at 12/17/2009 09:55

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I suggest you make your text fields very small. Those 4 text fields in the second column could all have height="1", since they will stretch anyway, because of their isStretchWithOverflow="true". Make sure you use positionType="Float" for them.

This way, at design time, the 4 text fields could all be squized and look like they are all in row with the other text fields.

At runtime, they will expand as required and they will not interfere with other text fields stretching or not.

I hope this helps.
Teodor