Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

How can I create customize odbc connection

maniraj

Hi guys,

I am using jasperserver version : 3.5.0-linux. Now I am using jasperserver connecting to mysql. But I wants to connect to another applications database which is in filesystem. Since that application is having ODBC complaint. So I can easily connect to that database using php and converting the database to mysql and using it in jasperserver. But its not conveninet sometimes. So please suggest a solution to connect the ODBC in jasperserver.

Since the ODBC connection in php having only DSN, there is no database name, userid, password is not needed.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply.

yeah we have tried the same. Jasperserver is asking for username in odbc connection page. But in our ODBC connection there is no username, password, and database name. Since we are trying to connect ODBC windows DSN connection. And we already post a topic in ireport forum regarding this as follow:

http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=83&forumid=101&topicid=64805

When we try to connect  ODBC through jsp is successfully connected, only through jasperserver is failure. Please refer

• 3 years later...

Hi

I m having the same problem and I cannot find the solution from google. No information from my log file. I try both JNDI connection and JDBC connection but still no luck. Connection from Ireport is ok. Only problem on Jasperserver.