We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Combining reports?

phlake

I have a situation where I have two working Jasper reports and a need to merge them somehow to create a single PDF.

My datamodel is one to many: I have an object Foo that references zero, one, or more instances of Bar.

My first report prints the details of a (singular) Foo in landscape orientation. My second report prints one to four Bars per page in portrait orientation. Both JRXML's are written and tested.

Can I merge these two reports together? Ideally, I'd like to have a single JRXML and give a List of one Foo as a JRBeanCollectionDataSource to Jasper. Then Jasper would print the Bar pages if the Foo had more than zero Bars. Of particular concern to me though is that each report has a different <background> and the orientations differ. Can this be handled with subreports maybe?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,when you export your reports, you pass a JASPER_PRINT argument to the exporter, right ? This is the object you get when you fill your JasperReport object.But you can also give the exporter a list of reports to be printed. You then just have to pass the argument JASPER_PRINT_LIST, and give a collection of <JasperPrint>, so your reports will be merged.I hope that was your question.

Regards,

Morgan