We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to chekc the status of the user

mahijas

Hi

I am using the jasper server3.1, jst i want to know how many users are connected to jasperserver and to see whether the user is logged in or logged out. I have cheked the in the jiuser table but there is only an option to see whether the user is enabled or disabled.

Thanks'

Mahender

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ananad

Thanks for your prompt response.

I did't find any user status in the logs file.

My Requirement is if i inegrate jasper server with some othere application.When user clicks on logout buttion will goes to my application home page instead jasper homepage. Here i want to know is that wether the user is in still active mode or inactive(logout mode).

If at all the user mode in active how do i make him inactive mode(logout).

Regards

Mahender A

• 2 weeks later...
You need to parse the tomcat log looking for the url of the logout hhtp request for that particular user. You also need to deal with the time issue, i.e. make sure that the logout request is 'recent'. This is a really messy way of doing it. Shame Jasper Server doesn't keep an 'audit' table.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for a logout is not enough. You need to deal with session expiry. You could add a listener in the web.xml that catches session expiry and does what you want, which will cover logout as well, as we expire the session during logout.

I don't understand what you are trying to do, Mahender A. If you need some different behaviour on logout, you can override it by changing WEB-INF/jasperserver-servlet.xml to put your own implementation of logout in the environment.

Sherman

Jaspersoft