Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Parameter controlled analsyis view

nikunj321

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice to have input controls for analysis views, but that does not exist today.

We have done things in reports that have a hyper link call to an analysis view with a complete MDX statement passed in the URL. The URL can be parameterized, of course. This is pretty useful for linking a summary report to an analytic view, like we do in our JasperServer professional demo dashboard.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

• 7 months later...

Hi Sherman,

I am quiet new to this tool and not aware of how to pass parameter to Analysis Views in the URL.

Can you please provide some inputs on how to pass parameter via Hyperlink to Analysis Views from iReport?

Also please let me know specifically what is the paramter name used for passing the MDX query in URL itself.

Thanks & Regards,

Anuradha.

Post Edited by anuradhamehra01 at 10/19/2009 12:39

Anuradha,

JasperServer doesn't have a built-in way to link from a report to an analysis view. There's nothing like "ReportExecution" which works for drilling down to report that is parallel for views.

But of course you can create any url on your link. So you may construct the correct url to open an Analysis View. Take a look at the hyperlinks defined in this sample report:

/supermart/salesByMonth/SalesByMonthReport

This report links to analysis views.

Regards,
Matt

Thanks Matt.

I had seen the sales by month report sample that come when we setup trial version of Jasper BI Suite v3.5

"\jasperserver-pro-3.5.1\samples\reports"

The report seems to be somewhat dynamic and looks different from what can be seen on dashboard.

PFA the .jrxml file which I found on above mentioned path and also the print screen of  Supermart Demo Dashboard available on Jasper Server.

the layout of .jrxml files looks different from the sales by month report seen on dashboard.

Can you please guide me how hypelink has been created on the sales by month report so that when user click on April he is able to view the Analysis view for showing Apr Sales?

I feel the sample jrxml file which I am referreing is different from what is displayed on dashbaord.

Please assist.

Thanks & Regards,

Anuradha.

• 3 weeks later...

You are looking at the wrong report.

As Matt said, the report to look at in the repository is /supermart/salesByMonth/SalesByMonthReport.

That report has a hyperlink in it that sends an MDX query as a parameter to the analysis view.

Sherman

Jaspersoft