We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

locale setting at runtime in JasperServer 3.0

nirum

Hi All

I have a question about setting locales at runtime. I know you have resource bundles and locale bundles that can be configured in the spring applicationContext.xml files.

I am looking for a way to pick up the locale bundle based on the user login  or some properties of the user at runtime - how can this be configured.

I know your web services provides a way for specifying a locale parameter. But I am looking for a way to do it while executing any normal report.

Thanks for your help,

Niru

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Niru,

The JasperServer login page has a link for "Show locale & timezone". Using this you can specify your locale. After setting that you'll find that the Web UI and the reports are shown in that locale. Is that what you're looking for?

Or when you're running an individual report you can choose Schedule or Run in Background. For either of these choices you can then set the locale for the report. Is that what you're looking for?

Regards,
Matt
Jaspersoft

Matt,

Thanks for replying.

I need to use an api to set the locale in JasperServer at runtime using a servlet filter, as the user logs in. We are not going to have JasperServer  login as the goal is to offer reporting seamlessly using JasperServer but thru' our app interfaces.

Also, this locale setting has to kick in when the user logs in at a user level, so I don't want to set it at a report level.

Thanks

Niru

• 4 weeks later...