Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Home screen folder tree not loading

adamdiblasio

I am experiencing the following intermittent problem and can't appear to find any helpful information within the logs!

After an initial start of jboss (4.0.5-GA) I can successfully login to jasperserver (3.0.0) and view the contents of the home screen folder tree.

It appears that once this jboss instance has been running for a certain period of time (roughly 1-2days)  When I start a new jasper session - I get the 'loading' icon at the top left of the folder tree window, but the folders never appear.

After multiple browser refresh I can sometimes manage to get the tree to load, but trying to expand any subfolder within the tree causes the same 'loading' icon to appear - and the contents are never displayed.

So far I have found the only successful option is to restart the jboss instance, but obviously this is not a desired solution!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I also got this trouble with Tomcat : I posted already posted about that one or two months ago. My feeling is that the metadatabase is "sleeping" and needs to be awaken! So I followed the advice of Lucian or Shermann (I don't remember) and I added "autoReconnectForPools=true" in the URL parameter of the metadatabase jndi definition (in my case MySql).

Since I got no more this trouble.

If you get it,  you can get the tree working by clicking the Home menu instead of the refresh button.

I have tried adding the URL parameter to the context.xml file.

After several hours I am still getting the same problem, in addition I am now also getting the following error after logging back in to jasper server:

org.springframework.transaction.TransactionSystemException: Could not roll back Hibernate transaction; nested exception is org.hibernate.TransactionException: JDBC rollback failed

org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTransactionManager.doRollback(HibernateTransactionManager.java:584)

org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.processRollback(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:745)

org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.rollback(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:722)

org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.completeTransactionAfterThrowing(TransactionAspectSupport.java:325)

org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:111)

org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:176)

org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:210)

$Proxy60.loadUserByUsername(Unknown Source)

org.acegisecurity.providers.dao.DaoAuthenticationProvider.retrieveUser(DaoAuthenticationProvider.java:86)

org.acegisecurity.providers.dao.AbstractUserDetailsAuthenticationProvider.authenticate(AbstractUserDetailsAuthenticationProvider.java:115)

org.acegisecurity.providers.ProviderManager.doAuthentication(ProviderManager.java:183)

org.acegisecurity.AbstractAuthenticationManager.authenticate(AbstractAuthenticationManager.java:45)

org.acegisecurity.ui.webapp.AuthenticationProcessingFilter.attemptAuthentication(AuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:71)

org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:199)

org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.UserPreferencesFilter.doFilter(UserPreferencesFilter.java:165)

org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)

org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:191)

org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:148)

org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:90)

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.util.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:70)

org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:138)

org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

Any idea's on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Adam

Here after the part of my context.xml file about the jasper database:

<Resource name="jdbc/jasperserver" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
        maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
            username="jasperdb" password="xxxxxxx" driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
            url="jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/jasperserver?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&autoReconnectForPools=true"/>

At this time I reconnected to my jasperserver after 2 or 3 days of inactivity and I got no problem. Perhaps is it another thing in my context??

Code:
<Resource name="jdbc/jasperserver" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"        maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"            username="jasperdb" password="rambo2" driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"            url="jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/jasperserver?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&autoReconnectForPools=true"/>

Comparing your context with my context file, they appear to have the same content.

It appears that I have to restart at least every 24hours at the moment, plus I am now also receiving the error shown in my previous post.

I have tried setting up the software from scratch several times now to no avail.

Code:
<Resource name="jdbc/jasperserver" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"        maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"        username="xxxxxx" password="xxxxxxxx"        driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"        url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/jasperserver?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&autoReconnectForPools=true"  />

I have now also tried Jasperserver Professional within a separate Jboss instance and I am getting the same behaviour, within 24 hours of starting the JVM the folder tree for the repository does not load and then a hibernate error (as shown above) appears on next login.

• 4 months later...

Hi Ritesh,

I found the solution in modifying the default js-mysql-ds.xml

In here there is a parameter called which is by default set to 0.

If you set this to any integer value other than 0 (I use 10) this will cause the mysql connections to timeout and be re-created by jasper.

Regards

Adam

Even I am facing the same issue not getting the folder...  I able to successuly login to the jasperserver page but as soon as it comes to the default page it just tries to load the fodler and gets the below error in Tomcat and just hangs.

Tomcat logs I am getting the below error :

11:12:19,817 ERROR JSErrorPage_jsp,ajp-8009-2:339 -
com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSException: jsexception.null.uri
    at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.common.service.impl.hibernate.HibernateRepositoryServiceImpl.findByURI(HibernateRepositoryServiceImpl.java:572)

My Context.xml has :

<Resource name="jdbc/jasperserver" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
        maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
        username="jasperdb" password="XXXXX"
        driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
        url="jdbc:mysql://XXXX:3306/jasperserver?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&autoReconnectForPools=true"/>

Using Jasper 3.1, Tomcat 6.0 and MySQL 5.0..

PLEASE HELP.. I AM JUST STUCK...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...