We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

set default for the controls (jasperserver)

kelly

Hi Everyone,

For jasperserver report, i set up couple controls. I used single-select list of values. Is there anyway i can set one value as default value? so the user doesn't have to choose everytime. Is there is, could you please let me know?  Thanks a lot.

Kelly

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kelly xia
Wrote:

Hi Everyone,

For jasperserver report, i set up couple controls. I used single-select list of values. Is there anyway i can set one value as default value? so the user doesn't have to choose everytime. Is there is, could you please let me know?  Thanks a lot.

Kelly

btw, i'm using jasperserver 3.0

What Gabriel was talking about was running the report and then hitting the Report Options button.

You can save the current values as a set of defaults, named how you want them.

You can also set a default value for the parameter in the report JRXML.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

Gabriel and Sherman, thank both of you.

In the iReport, how to set up the default, now i understand. thanks. I'm still don't know how to save the current values which Sherman was talking about. When i run the report, the control window will pop out,  the title is: Report Options, but i don't see a button i can hit to save it.  Since i have 7 controls, i really don't want to select them every time. Could you please explain it for me one more time? Thanks a lot.

Kelly

kelly xia
Wrote:

When i run the report, the control window will pop out,  the title is: Report Options, but i don't see a button i can hit to save it.

Are you using JasperServer Community Edition or Professional?  Saving report options is currently a Professional feature.

Regards,

Lucian