We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Exporters to DOC, OOXML, PPT, XLS and so on

romeok

Aspose, our company is about to release several products that are JasperReports Exporters. They are built using our document processing components and will allow export to DOC, OOXML, PPT and XLS formats.

Here is a question: are you interested in having export to these formats in JasperServer too? I can't find a suitable documentation regarding whether an admin of JasperServer can add custom exporters.

I can see JasperReports Configuration Reference but it does not seem to say anything about adding more exporters.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your interest. PPT exporter is actually the first one being released.

But my question still stands. Is it possible for admins to add new exporters to JasperServer? I would expect this is possible via a configuration file, but after looking through all documentation I cannot see a way to do so.

Hence another question. We would be happy to contribute to JasperServer development by creating the feature of adding custom exporters via a configuration file. Will it be welcome?

It is pretty easy to put new exporters in JasperServer. It is a matter of including the new exporter code and changing the following Spring configuration files and example beans:

WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml - jobPdfExportParameters bean

WEB-INF/flows/viewReportBeans.xml - pdfExporterConfiguration bean

[/ul]

You can include your specific Spring bean configurations for the new exporters in files like /WEB-INF/applicationContext-myExporters.xml.

We should promote these exporters to the community. The new JasperForge, due out in a few weeks, will have better content management and wiki facilities to help here.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...