We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

backing up repo in 6.3

jasemilly

Hi I can backup the repo from the command when in the buildomatic folder like with this command

js-export.sh --everything --output-zip jas1.zip  

all works great, when I try to create a cron job nothing happens can anyone shed any light please???

40 15 * * * /home/jason/jasperreports-server-cp-6.3.0-bin/buildomatic/js-export.sh --everything --output-zip jas1.zip

I have put a log on the cron job the result it is returning is

INFO: No bundled ant found (../apache-ant or ../../apache-ant). Using existing antBuildfile: build.xml does not exist!Build failed[/code]

I am more confused as CRON is firing why would is say BUILD.XML doesn't exist when I can copy the command into buildomatic folder and run it perfectly fine?

thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried creating a simple script and then having the cron job run the script? For example:

cd  /home/jason/jasperreports-server-cp-6.3.0-bin/buildomatic/

../js-export.sh --everything --output-zip jas1.zip 

My guess is that the js-export.sh script is using a local path for the build.xml command and when you run the script from the default cron location, it doesn't find build.xml.

Hi Elizam I had that vey thought this morning and thought would be succesful.  I created a simple script in buildomatic folder that call js-export with arguments.  executed it in the terminal all worked perfectly.  I changed the cron job to run this script.  It ececutes my script but still has build.xml issue.

so this must be some form of permission