We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Browsing Jaspersoft Server repository folder is very slow

wang_yanlei

I noticed that it is very slow to open a folder with many sub-folders in Jaspersoft Server repository by using the admin user. It takes about 1~2 minutes.

* Linux version 3.14.19-17.43.amzn1.x86_64 (gcc version 4.8.2 20140120 (Red Hat 4.8.2-16) (GCC) )

* CPU(s): 2

* CPU Model name: Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2670 v2 @ 2.50GHz

* MemTotal: 7517 MB

* Disk Space: Enough

* Tomcat JVM setting: -Xms2048m -Xmx5500m

* Jaspersoft Server version: PRO_VERSION=6.2.0

* Tomcat version: 7.0.65

* PostgreSQL version: 9.3.5

* Browser used: Chrome and Firefox

I did a little bit research and my finding is shown below.

(1) It is much faster when I reopen the folder just after I have opened it. However, it will be slow again if I wait for a while and then reopen it;

(2) I logged in the Jaspersoft server Linux box and found that the %CPU of the USER "tomcat" is very high (about 75%) when I opened the folder. The second CPU consumer is postgres (about 20%);

(3) I logged the Jaspersoft server postgres database statements and found that one query has been executed 89651 times with different parameters.

select repoobject0_.id as id9_0_, repoobject0_.uri as uri9_0_, repoobject0_.recipientobjectclass as recipien3_9_0_, repoobject0_.recipientobjectid as recipien4_9_0_, repoobject0_.permissionMask as permissi5_9_0_ from JIObjectPermission repoobject0_ where repoobject0_.id=$1

Personally I feel it is a Jaspersoft server's performance issue.

Does anybody have any idea?

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Albert

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, JasperReports Server is slow without ample memory. Try adding more memory. Also, the bottleneck may be with the database.

I think you're finding it faster the second time around because JasperReports Server is fetching data from cache. If you need performance, it's better to develop your own server system using JasperReports library.