We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Is it possible to create reports dynamically through a web server with JasperReport?

Hello evreyone,
A noobie here , I started using JasperReport recently and i would like to know if it is possible to create Reports Dynamically through a web server using Java and  JasperReport ( and something else if necessary) by that i mean , is it possible to link JasperReport with a server web and unabling us to modify the data before displaying it , for exemple : i would like to create a web interface where would be 3 selectList and a 'Ok' button( this way the user can filter the data) and then generate a report
Best Regards,
M.BOUTAHAR

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, thank you for your answer , indeed you are right it is available in JasperReport Server although i still cant install it , because it requires installing tomcat and postgresql , i have already installed tomcat but i use Oracle Database and i just still dont know how to install it , i have donwloaded the War files and i am currently trying to configure the files to use Oracle instead but there are some files missing , for exemple in C:Program Filesjasperreports-server-cp-5.2.0a-binbuildomaticinstall_resourcessql there is a file for postgresql and mysql but there is non for Oracle , do you have an idea what i should do ? or where to dowload the files directly if possible ?