Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Printing the same data on different band

Hi all,

I need to make a report where the same data need to be displayed twice on the same page.  So that  we can tear the  page in to two, one for us and the other one to  customer.  My data source is XML. I have tried several options but I couldn’t get it solved.

I tried to use two detail sections (detail1 and detail2) but it doesn’t work. The problem is , on each part of the report a limited amount of data must be printed (let say 5 lines).

For example : If the data is 8 lines, then 5 lines should be displayed on the first page (on both detail1 and detail2)  and the rest 3 lines should be displayed on the next page, (3 lines on detail1 and 3 lines on detail2). Each page should have the same header and footer. This is not a problem. I have page header and page footer and this works fine.

Now when detail1 is more than5 lines, it pushes detail2  to the next page and all the 8 lines  of detail1 are displayed on page1  and 8 lines of detail2 on page2. What I want is 5 lines on page one (on detail1 and detail2) and 3 lines on page2 (on detail1 and detail2).

How can I solve this? Any idea will be appreciated.

With Kind regards,

Mulugeta

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic