We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

NullPointerException while using HtmlComponent (.jasper)

darkoverlord

Hello everybody,

i am facing a NullPointerException with JasperReports and htmlComponent for quite a while now and i have no idea whats the problem.

I have a simple report with standard htmlcomponent (standard "HTML paragraph" content directly from palette). When i use the .jasper file and

jasperPrint = JasperFillManager.fillReport( .jasper )

it throws a NullPointerException in HtmlComponentFill

when i use the jrxml of the same report instead of the .jasper and compile it with

JasperDesign design = JRXmlLoader.load(".jrxml"));
    return JasperCompileManager.compileReport(design);

it is working well. When i remove the htmlComponent from report and compile it (in jaspersoft studio) the .jasper is working fine.

I would be glad to hear your ideas about this

Max

Log: [/code]
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:368) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:877) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:671) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:930) [jbossweb-7.0.13.Final.jar:]at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [rt.jar:1.7.0_67]Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerExceptionat net.sf.jasperreports.components.html.HtmlComponentFill.copy(HtmlComponentFill.java:201) 
[htmlcomponent.jar:] at net.sf.jasperreports.components.html.HtmlComponentFill.prepare(HtmlComponentFill.java:127) [htmlcomponent.jar:] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillComponentElement.prepare(JRFillComponentElement.java:150) [jasperreports-6.0.3.jar:6.0.3] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillElementContainer.prepareElements(JRFillElementContainer.java:330) [jasperreports-6.0.3.jar:6.0.3] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillBand.fill(JRFillBand.java:382) [jasperreports-6.0.3.jar:6.0.3] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillBand.fill(JRFillBand.java:357) [jasperreports-6.0.3.jar:6.0.3] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillColumnBand(JRVerticalFiller.java:2025) [jasperreports-6.0.3.jar:6.0.3] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillDetail(JRVerticalFiller.java:753) [jasperreports-6.0.3.jar:6.0.3] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReportStart(JRVerticalFiller.java:263) [jasperreports-6.0.3.jar:6.0.3] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:123) [jasperreports-6.0.3.jar:6.0.3] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:539) [jasperreports-6.0.3.jar:6.0.3] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.BaseReportFiller.fill(BaseReportFiller.java:411) [jasperreports-6.0.3.jar:6.0.3] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fill(JRFiller.java:115) [jasperreports-6.0.3.jar:6.0.3] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fill(JasperFillManager.java:667) [jasperreports-6.0.3.jar:6.0.3] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:983) [jasperreports-6.0.3.jar:6.0.3] [/code]

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

i am using a jboss application server and the htmlcomponent.jar is in the lib directory of my project. When it is missing i would expect class not found but no null pointer exception. Further on, when i compile it at runtime, it works well. Just the precompiled version by Jaspersoft Studio is not working.

regards  

Max