We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Multiple tables from single dataset

lxpelevin

I have one complex data set. 

The need is to put 4 tables in report based on this dataset. 

So the qutsions is:

How to use data from dataset for 4 tables without executing query 4 times (without database overhead)?

And the next question how to put each table on seperate page? without other pagination?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for yor video.

In case you have demonstrated, the query "select * from orders" will execute 2 times. So you will have two independent instances of dataset for each table. I can tell you more, there is an ability to use different input parameters for query for each table. Eg. first table can contain orders from US and the second from UK if use parameter country as input on sql level. "select * from orders where country = P{country}".

In my case i have heavy query with heavy logic, so for my case not impressible to have 4x database overhead. In my case i need to execute query for report only one time.

Are you parametrizing the query each execution run then? If that's the case you are talking about loading the entire dataset into memory and essentially having it do the WHERE clause in memory. If that's the case you might look at Domains - they can execute in memory but you'll need to load the data into memory first