We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

jasperreports studio - hard to get the column header to line up with the detail

ndipiazza

I have headers/details in the jasper reports studio. everything about this works wonderful minus one annoying thing I have to constantly line up the column headers with the details to make the alignments act correctly... even though i match the alignment exactly in the designer.

This is probably because I have a different font style on Header versus detail... or something? I'm not sure.

I can workaround the issue by manually tweaking X-coords, export the report, make sure they line up, until it looks nice... resulting in a designer like this:

Shows the issue with alignment of header versus column: 2014-12-1909_49_59-JaspersoftStudio.png.4e765ec75ff4faa881ebddf4cdf3d290.png

Notice how I moved the values in the Detail 1 band to the left so that the report with actual values lines up the columns correctly.

I must just be doing something wrong right? Why do I have to do this manual tweak to get things to look ok?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When creating your header fields, copy them down to your detail band so they're using the same size.  I can see from your screenshot there is no consistency. Make sure your data fields don't have white space.  To make the reports look presentable, manual input will always be required.

• 3 months later...