jasperreports studio - hard to get the column header to line up with the detail

I have headers/details in the jasper reports studio. everything about this works wonderful minus one annoying thing I have to constantly line up the column headers with the details to make the alignments act correctly... even though i match the alignment exactly in the designer.

This is probably because I have a different font style on Header versus detail... or something? I'm not sure.

I can workaround the issue by manually tweaking X-coords, export the report, make sure they line up, until it looks nice... resulting in a designer like this:

Shows the issue with alignment of header versus column: 

Notice how I moved the values in the Detail 1 band to the left so that the report with actual values lines up the columns correctly.

I must just be doing something wrong right? Why do I have to do this manual tweak to get things to look ok?
ndipiazza's picture

When creating your header fields, copy them down to your detail band so they're using the same size.  I can see from your screenshot there is no consistency. Make sure your data fields don't have white space.  To make the reports look presentable, manual input will always be required.

wolverto_1 - 4 years 11 months ago

can make this an answer if you want. I'll start working on it and comment on your answer if i have questions. Sound good? 

ndipiazza - 4 years 11 months ago

Wolverto_1: The screenshot is all funn looking because I had to hand adjust each X coordinate so that the data would line up. i will try your suggestion to see if it will help. 

ndipiazza - 4 years 11 months ago
show 2 more...

Is the text in the fields left aligned or center aligned? Is there any padding set on some fields and not others? Check for padding under "borders" and look at line spacing, alignment, spacing before, etc on Textfield. Make sure they are all the same.

jbenway - 4 years 10 months ago

Here is the JRXML source: http://pastebin.com/n8bP228F# 

Do you have any ideas how I might be able to fix this? I'm at a loss. 

ndipiazza - 4 years 7 months ago

0 Answers:

No answers yet
Feedback
randomness