We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jasperserver-pro source code compilation

sreekanthjnayar

I am using the Jasperserver pro version. Recently I downloaded the source code. While compiling the code using the ant script mentioned in your document, I am getting the error shown below

[java] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project ji-common: Could not resol
ve dependencies for project jaspersoft.ji-pro:ji-common:jar:5.6.0: The following
 artifacts could not be resolved: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.impl:
jasperserver-api-metadata-impl:jar:5.6.0, com.jaspersoft.jasperserver:jasperserv
er-war-jar:jar:5.6.0, com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.impl:jasperserver-a
pi-engine-impl:jar:5.6.0, com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.impl:jasperse
rver-repository-hibernate:jar:5.6.0: Could not find artifact com.jaspersoft.jasp
erserver.api.metadata.impl:jasperserver-api-metadata-impl:jar:5.6.0 in js-repo-s
vn (file://D:Sjn_codejsJasperReports-Server-5.6.0-srcjasperserver-repo) -> [
Help 1]

The ji-common is not bundled in the repo folder which seems to be the issue. Could you let me know how this can be resolved?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks to me that the ji-common module (ie the <path>/jasperserver-pro/common folder) is looking for a dependency from the Community part of the source code (ie <path>/jasperserver/jasperserver-api-impl/metadata). I'm going to guess that this is because the Community ("ce") source didn't get built yet.

Also, it looks like the path to the jasperserver-repo folder is good which is set in your buildomatic/default_master.properties file.

Please give this a try:

cd <path>/jasperserver/buildomatic

js-ant build-ce     (this will build the community source)

js-ant build-pro   (this will build the commercial part of the source - which also depends on the community source)

Thanks tkavanagh for the quick reply. Build was successful for me after I ran the CE build. Thought that the CE and Pro versions aren't related, which led to not building the CE code initially. Just wanted to understand the reason behind this common folder dependency. Is it because that they share those code which comes as a part of common?

Yes, the Community code is a fully functional web application with all server type functionality (manage users, manage permissions and authorizations, load reports, run reports, set up schedules for report execution, web services APIs, etc, etc). And the Commercial code has additional features (such as support for multiple sub-organizations, "Adhoc" reporting, dashboarding, auditing and diagnostic, etc) which are built on top of the Community functionality.