We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Format in Brazillian Currency (Real - R$) style

adan.ribeiro
Go to solution Solved by adan.ribeiro,

Hi!
I am using iReport Designer 5.5.1 with PHPJasperXML.

I developed a simple report with four columns where one of them shows up some values in Brazilian currency, but it didn't work. The report only prints the number without any aditional symbol. Well, I've tried to format this one with the following code:

<textField pattern="¤ #,##0.00">    <reportElement x="98" y="0" width="76" height="20" uuid="fc59b1a9-2fb7-4557-9e3c-9a54c79dd8b0"/>    <textElement textAlignment="Right"/>    <textFieldExpression><![CDATA[$F{Valor}]]></textFieldExpression>   </textField>[/code]

MySQL has this field set as FLOAT (10,2), so do I checked for the same value in properties panel and I figured out that EXPRESSION CLASS property was set as "java.lang.string". I've changed this one to "java.lang.float" but nothing happened. 

I really appreciate any help with it. Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Solution
Well, I solved my own issue using MySQL statement instead of properties from iReport. My solution was an adaptation from this site (Pt-BR): 

Then I just replaced the value in the sentence by field "valor_aquisicao" like this:

SELECT CONCAT('R$ ',REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(FORMAT(valor_aquisicao, 2), '.', '|'), ',', '.'), '|', ',')) AS 'Valor' FROM [...rest of statement...]

It suited very well and fixed my problem. as you can see in this image below.

00adan(1).jpg.253bb0577fea2e38d53dcdbd7a19dfc4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...