We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Installation on Remote Server (GoDaddy)

shiftCTRL

Hi everyone,

I'm completely new to Jasper / BI / Reporting (as you'll notice by my question)... I'm trying to figure something out.

Is it possible to install Jaspersoft Report Server on GoDaddy (dedicated)? I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I can't seem to find any instructions or any forum discussions on the subject for that matter.

If there's any documentation that someone would be kind enough to point me at, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can install JasperReports Server into a hosted location. But always the tricky thing is getting the full permissions and access from the website provider. You would need to have them give you a "shell" account (ie a command line account).

Then you can upload the JRS binary installer or war file distribution zip file. And then follow the instructions to install from the release notes (releaseNotes.txt found in the downloads section of the community site). Or follow the instructions from the JasperReports-Server-Install-Guide.pdf found in the <js-install>/docs folder (and also downloadable online).

Thanks for the information. I know I'm running GoDaddy (Dedicated Server) with SSH capabilities. I'm not sure if that's the same as having a "Shell"? I will certainly contact them and see what they say.

Are there any other alternatives you may know of which makes installing an Open Source BI platform on remote server easier?