Ad Hoc chart axis labels overlapping / unreadable
Posted on March 27, 2014 at 2:46am
I am creating an Ad Hoc line chart and the axis labels at the bottom are overlapping each other making the chart as good as useless.
What can I do to stop this happening. Can I get all the labels to rotate as the time do in the screenshot below?
Posted on March 27, 2014 at 10:49am
From section 188.8.131.52 in the PDF of the User Guide "Rotating Label Text"
To rotate label text:
1. In the Ad Hoc View panel, click the icon to show the Canvas Options menu.
2. Select Chart Format... from the menu. The Chart Format window is displayed.
3. In the Degrees to rotate X axis labels entry box, enter the rotation angle to apply to the
labels along the X axis. For instance:
• To rotate labels clockwise 90 degrees, enter 90.
• To rotate labels counter-clockwise 90 degrees, enter -90.
• To rotate labels clockwise 45 degrees, enter 45, and so on.
I beleive this was implemented in 5.5, so if you are on an earlier version, it may not be available.