Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Cascading Input Controls problem with "None" selection

giuliana.damiani

Hi,

I open "Cascading multi select example report" in the Sample folder and when I select "None" for the first input control "Country multi select", the second and third input control shows all the data!I want that if I don't select none country the second input control haven't show the data! So I change the query of the second input control adding the condition: "billing_address_state is not null" and the query become:

select name from accounts where $X{IN, billing_address_country, Country_multi_select} and $X{IN, billing_address_state, Cascading_state_multi_select} and billing_address_state is not null order by name

But also in this way the second input control shows all the data!! How can I do for fix this problem? Is a bug of jasperserver?

Thank you so much.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I am not sure that the parameter would be null when you make no selection in a multi-select Input control. Could you try to change the query to something as :

select

name

from

accounts

where

$X{IN, billing_address_country, Country_multi_select}

and $X{IN, billing_address_state, Cascading_state_multi_select}

and ( billing_address_state is not null AND billing_address_state <> "" )

order by

name

It is just a try

Regards

François

Thank you so much fcerbell for your answer! I follow your advice and I try this query:

select distinct billing_address_state, billing_address_country from accounts where $X{IN, billing_address_country, Country_multi_select} and (billing_address_country is not null AND billing_address_country <> ' ') order by billing_address_country, billing_address_state

but nothing change, the problem is always the same.. I really don't know why it doesn't work...Do you have an other idea?