We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Hyperlink to report in Jasperserver - Problem before login

camilo.rodriguez17
Go to solution Solved by sjoerd.jump,

Hi there!

I include one report in Jasperserver, and I need access to that report from Excel (using an hyperlink). The URL is this:

"http://localhost:8080/jasperserver/flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&_flowId=viewReportFlow&ParentFolderUri=%2Freports%2FMyReports&reportUnit=%2Freports%2FMyReports%2FReportOne"

Effectly the browser is launched when I click in the Hyperlink, but the problem occur because I make login in JasperServer and before the report doesn't appear!!!  And the most strange in if I open a Browser and paste that URL, effectly I can make the login and before the report appear!! I don't understand that.

On the other hand if I include to the URL:  &j_username=jasperadmin&j_password=jasperadmin it works! but I need that the users make the login.

UPDATE: When I export the file to PDF it works! but in Excel(xls) not working .. I don't understand this!!! 

Thanks for advance!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sjoder.jump thanks for your answer, I make a basic test:

1. New file in Excel

2. Write a text in a cell and create an hyperlink for this cell. This is the URL (based on your answer):

img1.png.f8c4affa1175c568d62e98f5b529257e.png

3. I cliked in hyperlink and the browser was launched (Previously I have the browser closed):

img2.png.d0e38ac03a34bc00b68bda6a1cac9101.png

4. I make the login but instead show me the report that I request, it show me the following window:

img3.png.131d073502baba65c2ae5e7de3ef6724.png

I don't understand why happens this!!! but if I close session and close browser and reopen and paste the URL directly that works! Why? :S

• Solution

It seems that Excel is destroying your link, according to a Windows forumpost.

I would try to backtrack the error using jasperserver debug, although i'm not sure if the log shows what URL is being send to the server.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2003-excel/hyperlink-does-not-resolve-correctly/188c9cb0-bf88-4495-ae27-6d18b3df11e8

BTW, i use PHP to generate my report-links. I store the last bit in a database and generate them using the following code:

define('URL_BASE', 'http://traject-pc:8080/jasperserver/flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&standAlone=true&_flowId=viewReportFlow&ParentFolderUri=%2Freports&reportUnit=');[/code]

$final_url = URL_BASE . $link;[/code]

$link = $line['link'];$name = $line['naam'];$click = LINK_ONCLICK;$final_url = URL_BASE . $link;{echo "tt<td>$name</td><td><a target="report"href="$final_url"$click">$name</a></td>n";[/code]