Hi, I have installed on netbeans 7.4 the iReport plugin 5.5.0 downloaded from netbean plugin portal.
No error appear during install. Wizard to create new report was added. After create new report through the wizard the source editor open but preview and designer button missing from the toolbar. The Palette show with generic icon. what's wrong?
In netbeans we need to create the viewee using a JPA form. You can follow the process-
1. After installing plug-in in NetBeans IDE you will observe a new category in Swing Palette: JasperReport Viewer
2. In a NetBeans Form (from where Jasper Reports (jrxml or jasper) must be invoked) created in an JPA project (meaning that persistence.xml must exists) you can add JasperRunnerButton.
3. The most important property is reportURL where you must provide the path and the name of the target Jasper report. The appropriate syntax must be relative to project package-structure and must be specified using normal Java conventions such as: /japp/view/reports/Report.jasper. Even a more java-source-like syntax is accepted, like japp.view.reports.Report.jasper.
4. The target report file must be included in NetBeans project and must be send in compilation (build/classes) or distribution path.
5. Other optional properties:
- reportParameters - to send parameters using a Map containing parameter name - value pairs;
- runSynchronous - to disable lunching button until preview window is up;
- databaseURL, databaseUser, databasePassword, databaseDriver if it is a JDBC only application (not a JPA context)
- sqlText - to send as parameter for JasperReport a SQL phrase like those used to initialize JDBC Prepared Statements and where the parameters marked with ? symbol will be replaced by the Map supplied with reportParameters property, Map that will include index-value pairs this time.
6. The plug-in installs the necessary jasper libraries (jars), so there is no need to add them separately.
7. The JasperReportViewer.jar contains JasperReportHelper class that is doing the whole integration work. This class contains three runJasper methods that can be called to lunch a Jasper report using database parameters or a JDBC connection or even a JDBC PreparedStatement.
Hope that this helps.
Hi, thanks for reply.
If you see this video from oracle blog https://blogs.oracle.com/geertjan/entry/ireport_for_netbeans_ide_7
next to he wizard creation of the .jrxml, when the file auto open the toolbar is very different from the mine.
This is my screenshot:
I also had the same issue. I'm using Netbeans 8.0.1 version and I firstly downloaded and installed this plugin. But when I tried to create the report I also noticed that I 'm having only the xml. Preview and Design buttons were not there.
So then I remove the installed plugins (.nbm files) and downloaded this from Netbeans and reinstalled the plugin.
Then it worked perfectly for me. So my thought is, your plugin might missing some files.. so better if you can remove that and redownload the plugin from here.
Hope it will work. Cheers!
Mostly the main reason behind not showing the designer platform is because of the extension of the file you are created either not providing an extension or for some reason creating as a plain xml file.
While creating makesure you include .jrxml as the extension of the file
The problem should be over.
The screenshot is simply saying that some plugins were missed. You have to install below mentioned .nbm files one by one. For installing these plugins you have to download it first,then in IDE goto Tools then Plugins-->then downloaded--->then select one by one which we have downloaded.After every plugin installation it will restart the IDE automatically.If not Kindly restart the IDE then you may able to see all tools which are compatable with iReport.