We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Is jaspersoft a compatible reporting tool for our application?

jdayola

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly speaking that jasper reports is capable of handling large amount of data, it is pretty easy to implement. If you want to handle data from diffrent pdatabases and ammalgamate into one single database that is also possible using Jaspersoft ETL services. 

And talking about MySQL, it can be easily imported in Jasper as simple JDBC Datasource.

So in my suggestion you can use Jaspersoft tools for your project.Please do ask if you have any other questions I will be happy to answer them,

Hope that this helps.

Thanks,
Ankur Gupta

JasperReports is a Java reporting library. It comes with reusable report viewer components for viewing the report outout directly in Java, using a Swing component.

A viewer can be downloaded from Sourceforge.net as well:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/jasperreports/files/archive/jasperreports-flash/

Basically, this project creates a reusable Flex component that is able to display JasperReports documents that are loaded from a configurable URL. So on one hand you have this Flash movie file, the viewer, which connects to a URL to retrieve the document, page by page and render it on screen.

If you get the project from Sourceforge.net, you'll find a sample web application inside.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ankur Gupta

Thanks for your reply ankur. I really appreciate it. By the way

this link http://jasperforge.org/projects/jasperreportsflashviewer is already dead. I've actually read about flashviewer from other forums and that's what brought me here in jaspersoft because I thought the project has already been abandoned because I havent seen any new posts or updates on flashviewer. Can you please verify if we can still use flashviewer? Or if there is still ongoing support for this? Thanks.

It's the same sourceforge link from your previous post and I have already downloaded the file. I'm just hesitant in using it bec. there's no more news or update and it looks like it has already been abandoned. Thanks anyway for your help Ankur.