We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Problem with upgrade from 5.1 to 5.2

raf_1

Hi,

Recently I tried to upgrade Jasperserver Pro 5.1 to 5.2 - from WAR file distribution running on Tomcat7 (OpenJDK 1.7 or Oracle Java 1.7, i tried both) with Postgresql 9.1 as Jasper database. After successfully running script  js-upgrade-samedb.sh - no errors, all done starting tomcat is getting stuck infinitely after reaching 

Creating ActionModelService object.                                                                                           Creating action model infrastructure.

In a catalina.out logfile, jasperserver.log log is empty

It is not possible to stop tomcat then, only kill -9 works. I have to restore from backup, to 5.1 which is working without problem.

Anyone experiened similar problem? Any solution ?

Regards

Rafał

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rafal,

I think there might be a bug with 5.2 running under with Tomcat 7. Tomcat 7 handles threads spawned by an application differently than tomcat 6. I think it is the case that jasperreports server has a thread that does not automatically shutdown when tomcat gives the shutdown request.

I will be looking for a fix for this with our next release 5.5. In the meantime, let me ask you a question...

- with your upgraded to 5.2 instance, are you able to get to the Login screen?

Ah, ok so it looks like JRS (JasperReports Server) is not starting up cleanly. 

The next step that I would normally do is look for errors in the <tomcat>/logs/catalina.out log file. 

And I would recommend: stopping tomcat, clear out the contents of the logs folder, then restart so it is a little easier to see exactly what error occurred. 

Tomcat logs are stuck at:

Creating ActionModelService object.

Creating action model infrastructure.

Before normally deploying jasperserver-pro application. I tried couple of times to remove i.e. mysql jdbc driver or removing mariadb jdbc because are new. No avail. tomcat can be only killed by KILL signal.

• 2 years later...