We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Multiple JasperServer 5.2 Installation on one Server

lukas.matecki
Go to solution Solved by kcollins,

Hello,

i am trying to install 2 Jasperserver Instances at one Host. At the installation i chose different Ports for every Server. I can start every Server. But when one is running i cant start the second one. The second one Tomcat cant start. I am getting the following error:

ERROR ContextLoader,main:307 - Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'jasperJMXServerConnector' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-diagnostic.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.io.IOException: Cannot bind to URL [rmi://localhost:10991/jasperserver]: javax.naming.NameAlreadyBoundException: jasperserver [Root exception is java.rmi.AlreadyBoundException: jasperserver]

Seams like that booth JasperServer trying to open rmi://localhost:10991. Should not be difficult to fix. Iam sure your guys can tell me how to fix this !

Greetings

Lukas

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

This is caused by the JMX settings.  If you used the bundled installer, it looks like there is a filed called js.diagnostic.properties in /WEB-INF/classes.  There is one in WEB-INF also, but i think the one is the classes folder is the one you need to modify.  It contains the port number.  On a WAR install, you can set the port number, etc. in the default_master.properties file.  This is explained in the installation guide.

-Kris